Area: 9,596,961 sq km
Capital: Beijing (Peking)
Population: 1,349,585,838 inhabitants (2013)


Travel advice
Current status: exercise vigilance.
More information about this advice, visit National Government .


Best time
April, May, September and October are the best months to travel to northern and central China.
April and May are the best months to travel to East China.
May, June and September are the best months to travel to southern China.
This avoids the cold winter and the months with the highest rainfall.

In China more languages. The most spoken language is Mandarin Chinese. In addition, there are on a local scale Cantonese, Hakka, and Wu said. In China are also lots of different dialects.

Travel documents
You must have a passport that is valid for at least 7 months visa.
visa is required. This is valid for 3 months and can be requested at the consulate of China in The Hague, accessible via .
The cities of Beijing (Peking), Shanghai (Shanghai) and Guangzhou to visit 3 days visa-free, for example, during a stopover.

Embassies and consulates
Below is a list of relevant diplomatic representations with eg address and contact information.
Dutch Embassy in China: .
Dutch Consulates in China: .
Chinese Embassy in the Netherlands: .
Chinese consulate in the Netherlands: .

Relevant legislation
Below are the relevant laws and regulations, you may have to deal with during your visit to China.
– Alcohol: Buying and / or drink from 18 years.
– Alcohol and traffic: Maximum permitted alcohol level is 0.2.
– Tobacco: Buying and or smoking at all ages.
– No smoking In public places.
– Homosexuality: Allowed

Immunization (vaccination)
For a visit to China is advisable to get one or more vaccinations.

Outside the big cities malaria occurs.
For prevention and control of malaria, please visit our malaria page.

Money and Money
In China paid by the Chinese yuan renminbi (CNY).

Traffic and route
The Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau, you must drive on the left side of the road
In China, you must have a Chinese driving license to rent a vehicle and / or control.
With the Google route planner you to, from or within China provide directions.

In China, a plug adapter is required.

Tap water
It is not recommended to drink water from the tap.

News and newspapers
The latest news related to China can be found on Google news .
A summary of the newspapers from China, visit Abyznewslinks .

Web sites ending in .cn from China.
Official websites of China: and .

Photos and videos
On Flickr you can find a nice collection of pictures of China.
On Youtube you will find a nice collection of videos from China.

The national holiday of China falls on October 1 (National Day of the People’s Republic of China).
An overview of all the holidays in China, visit .

Protected areas and World Heritage
An overview of the protected areas (such as national parks, reserves and wildlife parks) in China can be found on Protected Planet .
An overview of the World Heritage in China can be found on the World Heritage List of UNESCO.

Source: Wikipedia, Wiki Voyage, Government, Embassy Countries, GGD, Google News, Abyznews, Yellow Pages, Flickr, Youtube,,, Protected Planet, World Heritage List.